Traveling north of Cebu through Mandaue City after work has been a hassle recently due to the heavy traffic caused by the drainage construction along segments of the Cebu North Road.
With the help of Waze, I get to try out new routes to possibly escape the long hours of driving through the traffic jam around Metro Cebu. ‘Possibly’ since not all routes turn out well for the purpose.
Here is the route I got led to by the app to relieve myself of the traffic. Take caution. The streets you’ll drive along are sometimes narrow and dark. Take caution of the ditches at your side. Driving time from the Maguikay bridge to the corner of H. Abellana and the North Road was about 30-40 minutes.
Here is the route:
1. From M. C. Briones Street (“Hiway”), take M. L. Quezon Avenue instead of driving up the flyover.
2. Turn right to Mardonio Ceniza Street.
3. At the end of Mardonio Ceniza Street, turn left and take B. Suico Street.
4. When you get past the intersection of B. Suico Street and P. Sanchez/Pagsabungan Road, turn right on the first corner and drive about 500m.
5. Turn right after 500m. The street will be narrow and will require a lot of giving way to vehicles driving the opposite direction.
6.Turn right at the end of the street and you’ll exit to H. Abellana Street. Just a few meters to exit to the North Road.by