Adding custom plug-ins is difficult for non-paying users of WordPress. Thus, we have to content ourselves with the built-in widgets provided by the free version of WordPress.
I wanted to map the location of my site’s visitors. Luckily, I was able to find ClustrMaps (http://clustrmaps.com/).
The application claims that it allows you to:
Display your ClustrMaps widget as a ‘badge of pride’ on your site so that everyone can see at a glance how the community is distributed. Some rival tools do not let you make this information public, but sites deploying ClustrMaps love to show off their readership! (http://clustrmaps.com/index-more.htm)
To add the ClustrMaps widget to your sidebar, you need to:
- Register at ClustrMaps.
- Once you are registered, expect a password sent via your specified e-mail and then, log in.
- After logging in, select the minimalist style. Copy the code that appears in the box.
- Navigate to your Widget controls in WordPress.
- Drag the Text widget to your desired sidebar or widget area.
- Specify a title for your widget. Paste the code you earlier copied from ClustrMaps in the box below the title field.
- Press Save button.