After a search from Google, Dr. Wakwak is not uniquely Filipino. But the name though, makes the game sound more playful than the English equivalent.
Here’s a description from http://wilderdom.com/games/descriptions/HumanKnot.html:
- a get-to-know-you icebreaker
- involves close physical proximity
- can be used as a name game
- helps a group learn about how to work together
- can also focus on group understanding of communication, leadership, problem solving, teamwork, trust, persistence, etc.
I had my CMSC 21 class do the Dr. Wakwak exercise as reprieve from the semester-long coding work. We had our make up class at the Hadsan Cove Resort, Mactan Island, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu.
Problem-solving need not be in code.by